Thursday 9 June 2011

Wednesday 1.5 #1

Another 1.5 hour class.

This time I went in with crazy mat burns on feet and knees.

Drilled initially with Fem. Went well.

As per usual, I don't explain this with much clarity due to my inexperience:

Worked on Matador Guard Pass into knee on chest, kneeling over head into armbar, and flipping over them and planting feet either side of head.





Fem kindly wrapped my feet (surgical tape)

The clarity will come with more experience!

Finished off the night with sparring. Avoided Quiet Guy this time, and didn't get hurt/triangled.

Stopped rolling 10 minutes before end because feet burns were taking a pounding.

Instead, I sat and watched the group roll, and it was amazing to see.

Having started the class feeling pretty low and battered, I actually felt less pained and more energetic after the 1.5 hours of class.

BJJ does good things to a person.

I could tell I was minutely more aware of what they were doing as they sparred than I was when I first joined.

Tiny step towards excellence.

Today (Thursday):

Spray on plaster, antiseptic cream: GO!

2 days off to heal.




No comments:

Post a Comment