Monday 6 June 2011

Monday 1.5 hours & bus problems #1

Monday night's 1.5 hour lesson (written on Tuesday morning 1am):

Serious fatigue post-class. Felt like I'd sprinted a marathon. Body wanted to quit, but I wouldn't allow it.

Drilled the previous exercises

*2 New drills*

1st

  1. Partner: high mounted on me
  2. Lift/walk my butt over his left calf
  3. Slide elbow down their right thigh to keep leg out/down
  4. S grip near my belt line to secure
  5. Bridge more
  6. Walk/hop legs left and towards their head
  7. Roll them over
  8. Mount them
2nd

  1. Mounted
  2. Feet clasped
  3. Feel his feet out, under/over with my feet to break feet lock
  4. Hook my feet under his legs/shins to lever
  5. Hands on his lower hips
  6. Bench press him off
  7. Mount him

Rolled with 3 guys:

  1. Biggie, who was nice, but maybe too gentle.
  2. Then rolled with the quiet guy who pretty much destroyed me -  armbar armbar armbar. He either enjoyed going OTT on me or just didn't think to hold back. Oh well, I suppose there's always one whe doesn't cut the new guy any slack. Fair enough.
  3. Skinny guy, who was ok, but I kept leaving my arms in. Triangle spam.

I probably spazzed again, though I did get side control and escape a few triangles.

Loved it!
Lots of friction burns!

Taxi home due to misreading the bus timetable.

Now have to rethink what classes I can attend due to the changes to the bus times. Ouch.

Lost my 1.5 hour classes, but can replace them with the earlier 1 hour classes and add the Sub Wrestling at a later date.

The bus time issue is more stressful and upsetting than my aching bones and mat burnt skin.
No surprises there.

nb. my memory may be wrong concerning what we drilled, but I'm sure recalling these things will improve as I become more aware of what is actually going on with my limbs

No comments:

Post a Comment