Saturday 4 June 2011

First day of BJJ: Post-Lesson

I'm home and very sweaty.

We did 2 or 3 drills. I can hardly remember!

It seems like a blur already, but this is vaguely what I recall*:

Drill 1
  1. Started with partner in CG > Drilled shaking someone off from standing > R hand chest, L hand hip, left leg forward to break guard OR  > holding inner thigh (elbows in), use it to stand (on left leg) pushing back and out > R hand on their knee + jiggle them down to break guard then 2.
  2. Holding below knees to control and swing them to the side to allow stepping into side control/knee on chest
Drill 2
  1. RNC: scuttling to the right to flip them over (moving right shoulder towards floor) OR holding their arm and  lifting them onto your back then tossing them over R shoulder
Rolled with Rn

Lack of clarity is understandable!

I probably spazzed.

No egos and lots of respect.

Recognised IL from Middle School. He didn't recognise me. Will say hello next time.

I loved it.

Signed for 3 BJJ classes per week (Saturday+any 2 in week).
Will increase to include Sub Wrestling when I am ready.

*I think I have mixed the 2 or 3 drills up so this makes little to no sense

No comments:

Post a Comment